The Glue Factory is seeking a forward thinking and ambitious events producer to develop a programme of events during Glasgow International Festival of Visual Art and the rest of 2016.
The Glue Factory is emerging from an important phase of capital works, organisational development and restructuring into a new period which will further explore the building’s potentials as a lively and diverse cultural venue.
This initial position is a fixed term contract for 4 months, with the potential for this to be extended.
To find out more about the organisation please see here
Role and responsibilities:
The Events Coordinator will work closely with the The Glue Factory team and exhibition partners to develop and deliver a programme of events, talks and workshops during Glasgow International Festival of Visual Art 2016.
Simultaneously to this there is a requirement to develop ideas and a programme of events and exhibitions for 2016 and 2017.
The Glue Factory is still in an early phase of development and making a transition from a voluntary committee structure to paid positions. We see this role as being an exciting opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset to work closely with the current team to develop a programme and financial models of how to deliver it.
Key skills and influences:
– Experience of cross-art form event programming and delivery
– Knowledge and engagement with experimental and contemporary music and art scenes
– Ability to effectively manage delivery schedules and budgets
– Entrepreneurial mindset
– Motivated, self-driven and personable
– Clear and demonstrated understanding of delivering all aspects of events and exhibitions – planning, development, marketing and event management
– 4 month fixed term, freelance contract (with opportunity to extend following)
– 2/3 days per week @ £800 per month (days flexible to fit with event structures)
– We will provide a desk / studio space and for the duration of the contract with access to all Glue Factory facilities.
– Start date – 1st February 2016
Please send CV and cover letter (no more than single page of A4) to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 18th January 2016, 5pm
Interviews: 21st & 22nd January 2016