Can I hire The Glue Factory for Filming, Photography, Music Video Shoots, advertising or Theatre Rehearsal ?- Yes, hire for photography, hire for Film and Television, hire for music video shoots, hire for advertisements, and hire for all types of rehearsal are all available at affordable rates throughout the whole building.
Can I hire the whole building?- Yes, we do flexible hires of The Glue Factory (not including The Glue Factory Studios), depending on what you require and availability.
When is The Glue Factory open?- The building is open to the public only when there are events or exhibitions on, please check the events page for upcoming and current public events.
Do you have a sound system/PA/lighting?- We also have access to two sound systems (technical details are available on request) that scale to suit most events.
- We have in house lighting that is either available to hire, or can be included in certain hire packages.
- The Glue Factory is also able to hire out directly, or source sound systems and technical equipment of any scale on a per event basis.
A full list of all equipment that can be hired is availible on request.
Do you operate strobe lighting or smoke machines at The Glue Factory?- Strobe lighting and smoke/haze machines can be in use at the Glue Factory at any time for exhibitions and shows, and we request you contact management before the event if this causes an issue, the appropriate signage will be posted at the event entrance.
Can I hire the space for a gig, club, or show?- The Glue Factory can be used host to almost any event, but due to the small operations team and a high amount of social and artistic programming, we cannot take on all club, gig or show requests, please contact The Glue Factory with any shows you propose.
- Any show must be booked with over 6 weeks notice to be able to apply for an occasional license.
Do you allow under 18’s at events at The Glue Factory?- We do not allow under anyone under 18 within the venue during licensed events, and operate under a challenge 25 policy. All public wishing to enter the venue must provide ID in the form of a Valid Passport or driver’s license/provisional license.
- The Glue Factory reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone, an ID or tickets does not guarantee the right of entry.
Can I hire The Glue Factory Galleries to put on an exhibition?- The Galleries are programmed as part of our exhibition of events, all requests to hire the Galleries for public exhibition should be accompanied by an exhibition proposal.
- Please note, The Glue Factory will not usually accept proposals outside of a call for proposals, which would be announced on our website and social media.
Do you allow children at exhibitions/shows?- Exhibitions are unlicensed events and usually open to all ages, but some restrictions may apply. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult who is 18 years or older, with no more than two children per adult.
What are the costs of hiring The Glue Factory?
- The Glue Factory pricing structure is different for every event, as each hire and event consists of many different factors, if you would like a quote or more information on hiring The Glue Factory you can fill in the linked form.
What time do events at The Glue Factory events run until?- As we operate exclusively on occasional licenses granted by Glasgow City Council and apply for each license individually, times differ event to event.
- Please check the events page or social media for more information on each individual event.
- If you require an alcohol license for an event please note there is a minimum 6-week license application period.